A trademark application
Only the following information is required:
- applicant's particulars;
- list of goods and/or services to be trademark protected.
Territorial scope of protection
A trademark may be protected:
- in Poland by a right of protection granted by the Polish Patent Office;
- in all European Community countries by registering of a Community trademark before OHIM;
- worldwide through International Registration granted by WIPO or throught national patent offices.
Designation that allows a customer to distinguish goods (services) of a given firm from those offered by others. It may be for example:
- a word;
- a combination of words, letters, numbers and also a slogan, a name, a company’s name etc.;
- a figure, ornament, coloristic composition;
- a logo, combination of wordy and graphic elements;
- a three-dimensional form (i.e. shape or a package of a product);
- melody or other acoustic signal.
Trademark protection is not limited in time and may be extended as long as official fees for subsequent 10 years protection periods are duly paid.