A trademark application
Only the following information is required:
- applicant's particulars;
- list of goods and/or services to be trademark protected.
Territorial scope of protection
A trademark may be protected:
- in Poland by a right of protection granted by the Polish Patent Office;
- in all European Community countries by the registering of a Community trademark before OHIM;
- worldwide through International Registration granted by WIPO or throught national patent offices.
Designation that allows a customer to distinguish goods (services) of a given firm from those offered by others. It may be for example:
- a word;
- a combination of words, letters, numbers and also a slogan, a name, a company’s name etc.;
- a figure, ornament, coloristic composition;
- a logo, combination of wordy and graphic elements;
- a three-dimensional form (i.e. shape or a package of a product);
- melody or other acoustic signal.
Trademark protection is not limited in time and may be extended as long as official fees for the subsequent 10 years protection periods are duly paid.